Fancy Lake Provincial Park: Features, History, Culture and Things to Do
Fancy Lake Provincial Park is a Canadian point of interest located in Bridgewater, Nova Scotia. It is a great place to go if you want to be surrounded by nature and enjoy the outdoors.
Fancy Lake Provincial Park: Features and Highlights
The park has many features, buildings, architecture, culture, and things for visitors. Here are some highlights about what Fancy Lake Provincial Park offers:
- There are over 45 kilometres worth of trails that offer different levels of difficulty as well as options for cyclists and equestrians
- You can picnic on the shoreline or by one of the two freshwater lakes within the park
- If you're interested in history, then there's an Acadian museum with exhibits from 17th-century life along with a bakery where you can try some delicious Acadian baked goods
- Fancy Lake was also the site of a battle between British and French forces in 1758 that killed many soldiers.
Things to Do While Visiting Fancy Lake Provincial Park
The park has so much more than just hiking trails. There are things for everyone to enjoy. Some include:
- Going on a picnic
- Visiting the Acadian museum
- Hanging out by one of Fancy Lake Provincial Park's freshwater lakes – Taking a walk through the forest
Nearby Attractions and Landmarks Near Fancy Lake Provincial Park in Bridgewater, Nova Scotia
Bridgewater, NS, has plenty to offer in the way of attractions and things to do
Some nearby landmarks are:
- Parlee Beach Provincial Park
- Kingsburg Coastal Conservancy
- Lunenburg County Museum & Archives
- The Acadian Village at Rossignol Cultural Center.
Hotels Near Fancy Lake Provincial Park in Bridgewater, Nova Scotia, Canada
If you're looking for a place to stay near Fancy Lake Provincial Park, several options are nearby. The closest hotels are:
- Bridgewater Inn
- Comfort Inn Bridgewater
- Hampton Inn by Hilton Bridgewater
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bridgewater.
These hotels are less than a 20-minute drive from the park.
Why Fancy Lake Provincial Park is Worth Visiting
There are many reasons to visit Fancy Lake Provincial Park in Bridgewater, Nova Scotia, Canada. Some include:
- The history and culture of the area
- The natural beauty of the forest and lakes
- The variety of trails
- The Acadian museum
- Some other things to do in the area like visiting Parlee Beach or Lunenburg.
Fancy Lake Provincial Park is worth visiting because it has many great features, events and attractions that make it unique while also having some of Canada's most beautiful natural landscapes. With so many things to do and see, it's an ideal place for a weekend getaway.
Lahave River Trail Bridgewater: The Best Way to Explore Bridgewater, Nova Scotia