Why Visit Miners Museum in Glace Bay, Nova Scotia
Do you know Miners Museum in Glace Bay, Nova Scotia, Canada? Miners Museum is a Canadian point of interest that has been recognized as one of the best museums in North America. It is located where coal was first discovered and mined for commercial use. The museum showcases a rich history, culture, and heritage.
Here are 11 reasons to visit Miners Museum:
1) You can learn about the history of mining from 1850 up until the 1920s when gas supplanted coal as a fuel for heating homes and industry;
2) Enjoy an interactive experience by playing with 3D models that showcase how miners used to work underground;
3) Take a guided tour through galleries filled with artifacts such as tools, equipment, and clothing used by miners;
4) Learn about the unique geology and history of Glace Bay;
5) Miners Museum has an extensive collection of over 70,000 artifacts, including photographs, tools, equipment and other memorabilia;
6) Miners Museum hosts a variety of special events, activities and tours for groups; Miners Museum also offers school programs to students from primary grades up until high school level;
7) The museum is wheelchair accessible;
8) There is no admission fee to visit Miners Museum;
9) Miners Museum is open year-round;
10) Miners Museum is located in the heart of Glace Bay and close to a variety of other attractions and landmarks;
11) Some excellent hotels near Miners Museum offer great rates for visitors.
Miners Museum Schedule
Miners Museum is open every day from May long weekend until the end of October. Admission rates are $12 for adults, $11 for seniors (65+), $08 for students (13+), $04 for children (ages 04-12) and free for toddlers. The museum is open from May to October from Monday to Saturday from 09:00 to 17:00 and from Sunday from 12:00 to 17:00.
How to Get There?
Miners Museum has been recognized as one museum that can be accessed by car or public transportation as it is close to a major highway (Trunk 22) from Sydney to New Waterford. Miners Museum is an hour drive from Sydney, the nearest airport.
If you are looking for something different to do in Canada, Miners Museum is worth visiting! There are so many things to see and learn about this fascinating museum. The closest hotel you can stay at is Best Western Glace Bay. You can also take a bus or train ride to Glace Bay which takes up to three hours depending on your destination within the city. You won't regret it!
Explore Old Town Hall & Glace Bay Heritage Museum: Nova Scotia's Canadian Point of Interest
RevenueWings – Online Marketing Solutions Inc. of Glace Bay NS